Sunday, October 27, 2013
Preconference workshops on Sunday, October 27th include two full-day academies, Searchers Academy and Drupal in a Day, information architecture, UX, negotiating, Google analytics, learning, designing space, and more!
W3 - Information Architecture9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Interface stands on the shoulders of infrastructure. User experience relies on the foundation systems of information architecture. And, the biggest problem on the web and in the library is still findability. This half-day workshop covers information architecture from top to bottom, explaining how search and navigation systems (and taxonomies and metadata) can be designed to support and shape user behavior.
- Explore the concepts, methods, and tools needed to practice information architecture successfully.
- Learn how to make your website, intranet, library catalog, or mobile application more useful, usable, accessible, desirable, credible, and findable.
- Understand how information architecture is evolving to accommodate the challenges of ubiquitous computing and cross-channel user experience.
- See best-in-class examples drawn from library, corporate, ecommerce, education, government, and social media websites and applications.
- Discuss with your instructor and fellow attendees the unique challenges you’re facing today. This is an introductory workshop intended for librarians, designers, developers, web managers, content strategists, and information professionals.
Get Updates by email